In the past month a lot has changed. About a month ago I ran the race that made me realize my potential. I realized I could do more than I thought and even though I’m not the fastest I am happy with what I am. I still haven’t posted the recap on that race because all these changes!
I will just list the new happenings in life.
1. The biggest and probably best change has been that the girl I have been mentioning is now my girlfriend. Her name is Mallory and she is a Junior. I wrote about reasons I liked her in this post. This is new for me because I haven’t had an actual girlfriend since before 8th grade, before my ED. As anybody who has lived through it knows, you really don’t have the time or energy to build good relationships when you think you have bigger problems. You have time to accidentally ruin many relationships but you don’t even usually realize it. Anyways it’s good now!
2. Related to #1, I have never really hung out with people. I used to every couple months maybe have a sleepover or two but I haven’t done that with my friends since probably September. I sometimes sleepover at my brothers best friends house because we are all friends but I don’t really enjoy it much besides to just be with people besides family. Now for the past month I have been hanging out with Mallory pretty often. I’ve gone to her house a couple times, she’s been to both of mine. It’s fun but just different. I was always scared of how my family would be when I finally brought a girl home or how it would be going to a girls house but it’s really not as big of a deal as I always thought it would be.
3. Track has started. I’ve never run high school track so it’s a very new experience. It isn’t the baby steps of Jr. High track or off season running. It’s
hardreally hard. Our first week totaled 31 miles during just the week. We did speed work on the track three of the five days and long runs the other two days. Friday was our mile trial and I ran a 5:33. I got 6th on the team and am fine with that. 5th was a 5:11 and 4th was sub 5. I don’t aspire to be varsity this year, I hope I can just stay healthy and maybe get to around a 5 minute mile but above all stay healthy. The peer pressure to run even with pain is so high especially when I am so high on the team but I am really going to try to taper off if there is to much pain. I enjoy running and biking and doing things outside to much to get hurt again!
4. I haven’t been cooking as much lately. I haven’t had time to with track and Mallory and #5. I put usually as little thought and time into as possible while still getting what I want. By not doing everything it’s not always perfect but it’s good enough! I’m definitely still cooking though!
5. I’ve started driving pretty often. I only have about 12 hours so I technically need 38 more before April 25th to get my license. It’s gonna be hard but I am gonna start trying to drive alot more! Backing up and parking is what I really have trouble with!!
Well I think there is more I could write but my study hall is ending! Study hall has become my writing heaven! I can think really well and don’t have any of the distractions of home like food! Haha
Hope everyone has a marvelous week!